Monday, December 13, 2010

Brace Yourself

December 13th - A Song That is a Guilty Pleasure

   Well to truly be a guilty pleasure you would have to feel guilty for listening to said song. Or possibly hide the fact that you listen to a certain song. Being an almost painfully honest person that isn't really the case for me for any song. However there is a song that makes me feel somehow dirty for liking. Being a Pagan Christian music is the last thing I normally want to listen to. However being a fan of music I will not dismiss a song out of hand because its a certain genre, or because a certain person or band sings it. I discovered this song on youtube a few years ago. While I do not agree with the Christian religion on the whole, I do like the story behind this song. I follows my underlying belief that everything happens for a reason. It also reinforces the fact that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Just because someone is what YOU consider to be a dirty or unsavory person doesn't mean there isn't some good in them. Something that Christians seem to gloss over more often than not.



Three Wooden Crosses - Randy Travis

   I like quite a few of Randy Travis' songs. He has a great voice and his songs normally tell a story. You don't have to agree with a person, religion, ideal, or point of view to enjoy their music. Being willing to look past these differences and make your own decisions about things is what will help unite us as human beings. Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard this song from time to time. Not something that I just HAVE to have, but something nice to hear this time of year. To me, Randy Travis is more of a country artist than a Christian artist, but the message/story he voices in this song is definitely for the Christian crowd.

    You make a valid point when saying that Christians tend to "gloss over" things. As an agnostic, it blows my mind how Christians are so quick to judge and write off people that tend to be wrong or dirty in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete