Friday, December 17, 2010

Radio? Hmm...

December 17th - A Song that You Hear Often on the Radio


   The only time I listen to the radio is when I am in my car. Since I have not had a car in four years now its been a while since I did. That being the case this is going to sound outdated. At the time however this song always seemed to play at least once provided I was in the car for more than 15 minutes. Prince originally performed this song but I prefer the Foo Fighters version. Not to mention it was the version that was getting the air play.



Darling Nikki - Foo Fighters

   As you may know if you are a regular reader of my blog. I used to deliver pizzas for a living. Back in those days I was in my car almost constantly. At that time I had two radio stations I listened to depending on my mood. One was Alternative Rock, and one was Oldies. I had a favorite I listened for on each station. Every time I heard one of these tunes I would crank the volume and jam out. I don't know that they were played more than any other song but I took more notice of them when they were. The Alternative Rock station song was...



Camel Walk - Southern Culture On The Skids

    And the song on the Oldies station was...



Jump In The Line (Shake Senora) - Harry Belafonte

    This last song of course was featured in Beetlejuice. One of my favorite films and why I chose to use the version featuring clips from it. Well I hope you had fun here today. I know I was rocking out while typing this up. Take care of yourselves and have an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea the Foo Fighters did their own version of that song!!! Awesome!

    Oh, and gotta love throwing in Jump in the Line, especially with Beetlejuice clips!

    ReplyDelete