Thursday, December 30, 2010

There's Just Something About The 50s

December 30th - A Song From Your Childhood

    Let me start by saying NO I am not that old. Like most children I grew up listening to the songs my parents played. My mom used to play records (yes vinyl records) of the songs she enjoyed as teenager when I was little. This was one of my favorites. Perhaps because of the funny high pitched monster voice, I don't know. But listening to songs like this as a child no doubt contributed to my love of weird & unusual music.



Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley

    Another favorite from that era for me is this little diddy. Whenever I heard one of these I would always ask mom to play the other right after. Sometimes she did and sometimes she didn't.



Beep, Beep - The Playmates

   Oddly enough both of these songs are from 1958. I hope you enjoyed this little blast from the past. Take care of those you love and have an awesome day!

2 comments:

  1. My dad also played "Purple People Eater" for my sister and me. We loved it. I also introduced it to Truman. His favorite parts are when the Purple People Eater speaks, because it sounds like the Chipmunks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's probably what I liked the most as well. Squeaky voices play big to children.

    ReplyDelete