Tuesday, December 7, 2010

They Have More Than Chocolate You Know!

December 7th - A Song That Reminds You of a Certain Event

   For my 25th birthday two of my best friends got together and got me one of the best gifts I've ever received. An "all expenses" covered three day trip to Hershey, Pennsylvania. This is of course the home of the Main Hershey's Plant and theme park. Now it wasn't getting to go here that was the cool part. The truly awesome part was that on the second day of the trip Weird Al Yankovic was performing a free concert for park patrons. I had never seen Weird Al in person before so I was super excited. Seating was on a first come first serve basis so I stood in line for three hours (about an hour of which was in the drizzling rain) to make sure I got a good seat. No I was not first in line but I was about 20th or so so I got a seat in the front row center. The show was fabulous and I had an amazing time. However the most memorable part was before the concert. About an hour before the show was supposed to start Weird Al arrived via golf cart and waved at those of us waiting patiently for a good seat to see him. We briefly made eye contact as he waved and looked over the waiting fans. Then he went inside to get ready for the show. A short time later the band started warming up. they played chords and riffs from some of his songs but nothing major. And then there was a few moments of silence followed by the beginning of this song.



Melanie - "Weird Al" Yankovic

   They played the entire song. The only song they played in its entirety in rehearsal. They did not play it in the concert. It was kind of just a special treat for those of us who had been waiting for so long for the best seats that were close enough to hear them warming up. It was like a gift from him to us for being his devoted fans. I love "Weird Al"! He is my favorite musical artist and an all around good guy.

Well that wraps up another one. Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. Talk about an unforgettable birthday celebration!!! That's just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete