Thursday, November 18, 2010

Two more things to drive us apart

Installment 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?





    I will be expressing views on both of these topics. These are my views and I do not wish to impose them onto others. I am merely sharing my points of view with any others that care to read them.

Religion

   All religion boils down to one major thing. An explanation of nature, how the earth and or universe was created and why things are the way they are. If it were not for man's intelligence and a need to understand the greater meaning behind things religion would most likely not exist at all. One would think that a shared need to discover where we came from and why we are here would unite people. Unfortunately religion only seems to do the opposite. The most bloody and horrific wars of all time were fought in the name of one religion or another. We don't have to share the same beliefs. All we have to do is respect the right of others to believe in what they choose to. Just because some religions believe you should spread the word of your faith to "save the heathens from eternal damnation" does not give you the right to impose those beliefs on others. What you believe in and have faith in is a very personal thing. Who's to say what is right and what is wrong? Surely not we insignificant humans. Overall I have chosen Wicca as my religion. However I decide for myself what I believe and what I don't. I pick and chose pieces of many different faiths to adopt into my belief system. Which includes making up some bits all on my own. While I feel this is 100% the correct path for me that does not make it correct for everyone. Neither does it mean I try to explain my beliefs to everyone I meet and make them belief as I do. I am always willing to have philosophical discussions with those interested. But I respect my fellow human beings enough to allow them to believe in what works for them. without harassing them about it.


Politics 

   What a nasty kettle of fish this is. Just like religion there are more views than we have names for. The big two in America are Democrat and Republican but that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the differing political views that are out there. Also like religion everyone is adamant that their views are the only right ones. As soon as we realize that there is not just black and white to any given issue we may be able to move past a lot of the problems with our government. If I HAD to put a label on what I was politically it would probably have to be Liberal Democrat. Does this mean I agree with everything the Democrats do? HELL NO! Neither do I agree with everything the Liberals do. You can not go through life following anything blindly. It never ends well. You have to be intelligent enough to stop and consider the other points of view and decide what you really believe. Personally I think that there should be no political parties. This would force candidates to better explain there values, and views and help us better decide who we want to represent us.

   As I said in my Gay Marriage post, "Everyone on the planet would be so much better off if we would just stop focusing on all of our differences and focus on what makes us the same. When we all finally come together as the human race we will be able to accomplish ANYTHING!" I thank you for stopping by to read my opinions and I hope you have a truly awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment