Monday, November 22, 2010

When I'm gone

Installment 24 → Make a play list to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)


   To whom it may concern,

         If you are reading this then I've died and you are the one stuck with taking care of my final arrangements. I won't waste your time with a lot of mumbling on about stuff you probably don't care about anyway. So on to the details. First of all I want to be cremated. I would like the ashes dropped into the Mississippi River. If possible off of the Memphis Bridge. I do NOT want a "funeral". Instead I would like a Remembrance Ceremony. I do not want those I leave behind to be sad that I am gone. Death is not the end, its just the next step of our journey. I do not want ANY bible verses, or religious hymns of any kind. I am NOT Christian, I am a Wiccan. If anyone wants to say a few words they are most welcome to. Mainly I just want everyone to get together and be there for each other. I would like a few songs played, perhaps in a moment of quite reflection. Here is the list of these.

Angelo Badalamenti - Falling (Twin Peaks Theme)
+ This song always puts me at peace. Whenever I need to calm myself down this song does the trick.
Kid Rock - Only God Knows Why
+ This song reminds me that while everything happens for a reason, we are not meant to know the whole plan.
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over The Rainbow
+ I love the sound of this man's voice. He was massively overweight as I am and I felt a strong connection to him through his music. The sheer beauty of this peace always makes me well up.
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird
+ This song always makes me think of death and how great it will be to soar through the universe without restrictions, no matter how briefly, on the path to the next step in the journey.
John Denver - Leaving On A Jet Plane
+ This song is for my friends. Its to remind them that even though I'm gone Its not a sad thing. If my beliefs are correct I'll even be coming back so don't cry just smile and think of me.

   Well that's about all really. Nothing fancy, nothing expensive, just a simple gathering of friends and family that want to be there. Thank you so much for handling this for me.
      All the best to you and yours,
          Darnack Windsong
         
Thanks for stopping by and giving this a read. Take care of yourselves and have an awesome day!

2 comments:

  1. You know.... this is the one blog on this challenge I had the hardest time with. I ended up skipping it and writing others before I came back to it. It kinda pissed me off because I love music and had like 3-4 different ideas for playlists but none of them felt good enough... just wait until you see mine in a couple days, lol

    I am very impressed with what you did your playlist for. Music is a great way to remember somebody and pay homage to them! Great song choices as well!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been revised over the years as new songs come to my attention and gain meaning in my life. I really was stuck on who to make a list for and why. Finally I decided on this and it just flowed. It helped already having the list itself set aside.

    ReplyDelete