Friday, November 12, 2010

Weird is the new normal

Installment 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)


   Dear "Weird Al" Yankovic,

         I am writing to you today to let you know how much your music means to me. I have been a fan of your music, videos, and humor in general since I was just a kid in school. When life gets me down and I need a little boost I listen to your tunes to help put a smile back on my face. I own all your albums, dvds of your videos, the dvd set of your short lived Saturday morning show, and of course a VHS copy of your hilarious movie UHF. I traveled from Memphis, TN to Hershey Pennsylvania to see you in concert one summer and you did not disappoint. After waiting in line for 3 hours to be sure I got a good seat I saw you arrive on your golf cart. You were your usual friendly smiling self and waved at the crowd before entering to warm up with the band. I do not know what I would do without your artistry in my life. Thank you so much for everything you do. I wish you years of continued success in everything you do. Best wishes to you and your family.
    Your huge fan,
       Darnack

No comments:

Post a Comment